Position: Staff Scientist
- Hands-on scientist needed to support specifying, designing, developing and testing semiconductor process control solutions (involving mechanical, optical, electrical, and plasma-based sub-systems).
- Interacts with mechanical engineering, hardware, and software design teams to assist in overall development of products.
- Tasks include specifying, selecting and qualifying components, developing and benchmarking system performance models, building prototype systems, and developing and implementing test procedures
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes engineering responsibility from concept design through manufacturing transfer.
- Assumes responsibility for test development, data acquisition, analysis, and reporting.
- Generates module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Validates concepts through breadboard builds and analysis.
- Works with Mechanical Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Analyzes problems in existing systems, plan and conduct investigations, and develops solutions
- Develops test plans, creates test procedures, performs tests and data reduction and evaluates test data. Modifies designs based upon test results.
- Assembles and tests opto-mechanical and electro-optic prototypes.
- Interfaces with manufacturing to develop and implement designs that improve manufacturability.
- Interfaces with purchasing to obtain prototype components for use in assemblies.
- May provide technical guidance and assistance to supporting technicians and/or engineers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collect and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Knowledge and experience with LabView instrumentation software development
- Demonstrated creativity in solving complex optical design problems.
- Experience with Product Development tasks desired (bills of material, interfacing with vendors, procurement of material for prototyping, change management).
- Ability to work either independently or as part of a development team.
- Self-motivation and ability to work in a fast-moving high-tech environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Masters and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience (PhD preferred).
- A minimum of five (5) years optical or opto-mechanical design experience.
- Experience with product development required.
- Experience with optically-based metrology (e.g. spectrometers and reflectometers, and optical components commonly found in these systems) desired.
- Experience with semiconductor process control and metrology desired.
Email us your Résumé: email@example.com