Spectral Reflectometer SP2100TM Series
Verity’s SP2100 Spectral Reflectometer is designed for a wide variety of film thickness and depth measurement applications, including those required in etch, CVD and CMP processes. Verity’s Spectral Reflectometers are successfully controlling hundreds of semiconductor process tools worldwide.
The key components of the SP2100 are the SD1024G spectrometer, FL2100 Xenon flashlamp, and SpectraView™ applications software. The heart of the SP2100 is the SD1024G Spectrometer, which uses a scientific grade CCD detector for excellent dynamic range, UV detection capability, and low noise. The SD1024G also has capability for multi-fiber input operation, and controls the flashlamp.
The FL2100 flashlamp is a bright, broadband source. The FL2100’s output has a strong UV content, thus enabling the measurement of relatively thin film layers that would not otherwise be possible using a reflectometer. Since a flashlamp is used, the motion of moving wafers does not result in the blurring of data, which enables more accurate measurement.
The SpectraView™ PC host application provides robust film thickness determination through a variety of “open” algorithms. SpectraView™ enables integration with tool-to-application-PC communication based on RS232, Ethernet or DI/O.
We’ve gone the extra mile, so you don’t go the extra nanometer.
Features & Benefits
- Designed for in-situ and in-line measurement of films in etch and CVD applications, and for metal or transition breakthrough in CMP
- Real-time measurement
- SD1024G Spectrometer provides:
- Excellent UV sensitivity
- Wide dynamic range
- Excellent S/N ratio
- Multi-fiber input capability (depending on application)
- Pulsed light source provides:
- In-situ measurement by subtraction of plasma
- Freeze-frame images in case of moving wafer
- High brightness for excellent S/N ratio
- SpectraView™ software provides:
- Robust endpoint, etch depth and film thickness algorithms
- Open algorithms and sequences for flexibility
- Tool integration via Ethernet, RS232, and DI/O
- Usable range:
- Standard: 225-800nm
- Optional: <225-800nm
- Fringe-count, reflectivity and model-based algorithms
- RoHS compliant